Visa & Passport Requirements
All visitors to United Kingdom (UK) will require a passport or travel documents which is valid for the whole of their stay.
Depending on the nationality, visitors will either:
- have to apply for a Standard Visitor visa before you travel to the UK
- be able to visit UK for up to 6 months without needing a visa
You can check on the UK visa requirements at https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Covid-19 Guidance for UK
All Covid-19 restrictions in England have now ended. However, visitors can consider wearing a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces.
Visitors do not need to complete a UK passenger locator form before they travel, take any Covid-19 tests or quarantine when they arrive in England.
More information at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Covid-19 Advisory for all AMM participants
- All participants are advised to perform self ART tests before leaving the hotel room at the start of the day. Participants who tested negative can proceed to join in the meeting and other activities for the day.
- Participants are advised to wear masks throughout the meeting and activities except during meal times
Positive ART test result
- Participant who tested positive should remain in the hotel room and inform the team leader.
- Participant may continue to join the meeting online if they only experience mild symptoms.
- Should the participant experience severe symptoms, they can inform the team leader and request for medical attention.
- Meals will be arranged to be sent to the room of the participant.
- Team leader will also contact the participant to check on the daily health status.
United Kingdom travel adaptors
You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electrical appliances safely whilst abroad. This normally includes the use of a travel adaptor, which is a device that simply allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a foreign electrical socket. It is important to note that it does not convert the voltage or frequency.
For United Kingdom the associated plug type is G, which is the plug that three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern. United Kingdom operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Getting to the Venue
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Bath Road, Harlington, Hayes UB3 5AN
M: +44 (0) 77 9680 8380
- Nearest train stations are Hayes Harlington to Feltham Train Station, giving access to all major national and local destinations
- Bus stop directly outside hotel for local travel and access to local shops and attractions
- Heathrow Central Bus Station is located at Terminal 2 3 for nationwide service
- Piccadilly Line available from Terminals 1 2 3 4 and 5 to the hotel and nearby towns.
Also gives direct access to the city of London
- H 3 bus available to the hotel from Terminals 2 3 H 53 bus available from Terminals 4 5
- Price 5 50 each way 10 00 return.
free for children under 15 years when accompanied by an adult
The Bleirot Suite is full of natural daylight and is a multi functional space that can be broken down into 4 separate meeting and event spaces. Suitable of any number of configurations and it is ideal for business meetings.
- You should dial 999 in an emergency to reach police, fire and ambulance services, as well as the coastguard. You will need to indicate which service you need. Further services such as mountain rescue and Britain’s voluntary coastguard service, the Royal National Lifeboat Institute, can also be accessed via this number. Calls are free from any phone, but should only be made in genuine emergencies.
- If you are lost, ask a policeman or woman for assistance – they are courteous, approachable and helpful. Traffic wardens may also be able to help you with directions. If you have been the victim of a crime, contact the police by dialling 999 or 101 for non-emergencies.
- Hospital accident and emergency (A&E) departments in Britain provide treatment for genuine life-threatening emergencies. Should you require medical help or advice in a non-life-threatening situation, you should call 111 to access the NHS 111 service.
- Overseas visitors may need to pay for hospital care they receive, and all visitors are strongly advised to ensure they have adequate insurance cover before travelling. Any coronavirus testing and treatment will not incur any charges.
For more information, you can refer to https://www.visitbritain.com/us/en/plan-your-trip/health-and-personal-security/emergency
Safety and Security Advice
London is a safe place but as with any big city, it’s worth taking sensible precautions. Don’t leave possessions in unattended vehicles even if out of sight in a locked boot. Don’t leave valuables in hotel rooms. Use the hotel safe if possible. Keep passports, travellers’ cheques, credit cards, etc separate.
London Taxi information
- Only black cabs can be hailed in the street. If the yellow TAXI sign is on, the cab is available for hire.
- Black cabs are metered and there is a minimum charge of £3.20
- Minicabs can be a cheaper alternative – ask prices beforehand as they are not on a meter
- Only book a licensed minicab with a Transport for London license disc: unbooked minicabs are illegal, unsafe and uninsured.
You can check for more information at https://www.visitlondon.com/traveller-information/essential-information/staying-safe-in-london
The temperature in mid-June 2022 is between 8°C to 22°C.
|12 June (Sun)||13 June (Mon)||14 June (Tue)||15 June (Wed)||16 June (Thu)|
|Intervals of clouds and sunshine||Mostly sunny||Sunny to partly cloudy||Partly sunny||Times of clouds and sun with a couple of showers|
|Day: 18 deg c / 64 deg f||Day: 21 deg c / 70 deg f||Day: 22 deg c / 72 deg f||Day: 22 deg c / 72 deg f||Day: 20 deg c / 68 deg f|
|Night: 11 deg c / 52 deg f||Night: 11 deg c / 52 deg f||Night: 11 deg c / 52 deg f||Night: 8 dec c / 46 deg f||Night: 8 deg c / 46 deg f|
Humidity: Approximately 50% to 80%
Source and images:
The UK currency is the pound sterling (£/GBP).
- There are 100 pennies, or pence, to the pound.
- UK banknotes come in denominations of £5, £10, £20 and £50.
- Coins come in 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2.
Most credit and debit cards are widely accepted in restaurants, bars, cafes and shops.
Currency converter: https://www.xe.com/faq/tools_ucconsite.php
About London, United Kingdom
London is the capital city of the United Kingdom. It is the UK’s largest metropolis and its economic, transportation and cultural centre. London is also among the oldest of the world’s great cities, with its history spanning nearly two millennia. In addition to its history, art and politics, London is a popular tourist destination for its wide variety of museums, shops, restaurants and sports teams.
The Union Flag, or Union Jack, is the national flag of the United Kingdom.
It is so called because it combines the crosses of the three countries united under one Sovereign – the kingdoms of England and Wales., of Scotland and of Ireland (although since 1921 only Northern Ireland has been part of the United Kingdom.
The flag consists of three heraldic crosses.
For more information, you can refer to https://www.royal.uk/union-jack
English, in various dialects, is the most widely spoken language of the united Kingdom, but a number of regional languages are also spoken.